The program is divided into a modeling and a computation/evaluation section. Whereas the modeling section defines the physical situation (geometry, boundary conditions,materials), in the evaluation section the results are quantified and presented graphically. Due to the well-proven and time-saving template model, individualized results reports are produced automatically and are dynamically updated during a renewed computation.
- The integrated and expandable component library of flixo enables components to be simply transferred using the mouse (drag & drop) into the current design.
- Layers: Objects can be arranged on various layers and the layers can be selectively superimposed, masked out, printed and frozen.
- Snapping aids: Objects can be aligned with various auxiliary objects such as auxiliary lines, grids and special points on adjacent objects.
- Associative elements such as local results and isothermals.
- Mouse and keyboard-controlled input.
- Geometrical operations such as grouping, merging, cutting, differences between objects.
Material data base with more than 1000 materials from various standards (EN ISO 12524, EN ISO 10077-2, EN ISO 673, EN 6946, DIN 4108-4)
- Isothermals and false-color images of any building detail for qualitative thermal assessment and optimization.
- Temperatures at freely determined design points.
- Heat flux density at freely determined design points.
- Minimum and maximum surface temperatures at freely determined design boundaries and critical room humidities for the assessment of possible mildew formation and condensation problems.
- Heat flow at freely determined boundary lines.
- Thermal transmission coefficient (“k value”) and length-related thermal transmission coefficient (“psi value”) for the quantification of the thermal bridging effect.
- Automatic computation of framework k values
- Computation of temperatures according to the finite element method (triangular elements); iterative solution of the arising system of linear equations using an optimized, conjugated gradient technique.
- Automatic grid pitch reduction at critical points.
- Computation of equivalent thermal conduction coefficients for air cavities and automatic subdivision of air cavities according to EN ISO 10077-2.
- Unrestricted number of nodal temperatures (depending on the hardware used).
- Consideration of materials with orthotropic material properties.
flixo is optimally integrated into the Windows environment and makes use of the familiar methods
- Cut/Paste and Insert as well as Undo/Restore of the last actions.
- Different flixo documents can be edited in parallel.
- Interchange of flixo data (design details, results) via the clipboard or using drag & drop. For example, results can be integrated directly in a Word document or copied or moved from one design to another.