ATHENA 2019 – Improvements at all levels
To work more efficiently – that was the main focus during the development of ATHENA 2019. The 2D area benefits from improved intelligence and new features for more comfortable and faster drawing. 3D design is much easier with the new bar assembly editor. The export functions have been further improved, especially with SAT, BIM and ERP formats. The icons have been optimized for use on the dark background, making them more appealing to the eye, and, as always, many of our customers’ wishes have been incorporated into the further development of ATHENA.
For particularly intuitive and fast working with bar assemblies, a new bar assembly editor has been created – a streamlined version of the former bar assembly manager. Simplification to only the most important functions and an optimized dialog box allow for easy and intuitive assembly of bar assemblies.
For example, dimensions for moving and rotation angles can now be taken from the drawing, with full access to auxiliary functions such as OFNAP and track tracing.
The familiar bar assembly manager is supplemented by the editor and is still available for more complex bar assemblies.
The project browser has been updated with some time-saving additional functions:
- Within the project browser, AutoCAD solids can be assigned various properties, such as designation, material or part number. In this way, components designed with AutoCAD on-board tools can be evaluated and used as counted parts in parts lists or for an ERPlus material request.
- The “Change Objects” command can now be started from the project browser and is no longer limited to direct invocation of the command or double-clicking on an object within the drawing. The objects are clearly listed and can be scrolled through and adjusted if necessary, eliminating the need to search for objects in the drawing.
- Connected components can be output together (structured). This results in a structured parts list, e.g. for a “T-connector” assembly with its associated bar assembly “latch”, or for the profiles of a glazing, e.g. insulator, seals, clamping profile and cover shell.
The dialog box for the “Leader” command has been revised with a focus on convenience and speed. Within the dialog box, a mini-editor enables multi-line editing of the leader texts and text additions at any position. AutoCAD title blocks can now also be inserted into the leader texts, e.g. the total length of a polyline or the area of a closed polyline.
If a membrane inserted during drawing is initially of any length, it can now be subsequently changed to a delivery length. To do this, simply enter a length and specify the end of the membrane to be lengthened or shortened.
The ATHENA sheet metal, membrane and insulation objects are now equipped with the comfortable grips that were previously reserved for polylines. Therefore, objects can be edited faster and easier, and outline changes can be made even more easily via mouseover: add/remove vertex, stretch, convert into arc.
Previously, only 3D bars and infills could be exported for ERP programs, but this is now possible with all ATHENA objects. The objects are conveniently collected in the project browser and then transferred to E-R-Plus e.g. for a material requisition.
ATHENA sheet processing has been revised:
- Edges can be set laterally on existing edges and the joints to adjacent surfaces of other edges are set automatically.
- SAT output has been revised (important for machine output).
The family of 2D+ objects has grown with the sheet metal section. Processing operations can now also be assigned to sheet metal sections and then evaluated. Furthermore, they can now also be projected using the “Projection Object” command.
A new feature is the creation of intelligent projections of sheet metal sections. Similar to the previous projection options for standard parts or semi-finished products, the sheet metal section projections can be assigned to processing operations and can be stretched or cut. It is now also possible to manage sheet metal sections in libraries.
The representation of the projection of machined bars has been enhanced. For example, if a bar is cut, the newly created outline is automatically displayed in the other projected views.
Just like processing operations, ATHENA extrusions can now also be applied to bar projections.
The new function “Break bar” has been added for splitting bars. By specifying points and optionally a gap dimension, breaks can be applied to bars and connecting assemblies can be placed at the joints.
The sealing tape has been added as a new sealing method.
To increase 3D performance, an automatically generated simplified outline can be activated for sheets, semi-finished products and standard profiles. Outlines with curves are very CPU intensive and can cause speed problems when navigating in shaded modes. The new feature displays curves as corners and provides a smoother work flow thanks to the resulting increase in speed.
With this new command, two-dimensional component drawings of assemblies can be generated fully automatically, including labeling and complete dimensioning. The command works in the same way as the well-known commands “Bar diagram” and “Infill diagram”.
Several infills can be saved as 2D drawings in an overview as separate DWG.
Further new features
- Favorites can be sorted in the dialog box either alphabetically or by frequency of use.
- Label texts of leaders can now be displayed in capital letters.
- Several dialog boxes have been converted to the new format for faster and easier handling:
- Construction aids
- Bar properties
- Assign tags
- Sheet metal section projections
- Shading factors of materials and command buttons are now the same, buttons now use the layer assigned to the respective shading.
- When saving ATHENA objects, ATHENA uses the previously selected folder as the current location.
- ATHENA added various options to the AutoCAD “Export Layout” command.
- For the infills, the edge compound “Thermix” was divided into “Thermix TX Pro” and “Thermix Low Psi”
- With manually created leaders, text components that occur several times in a drawing can be searched for and replaced, e.g. “on site” with “at the site”.
- New standard parts have been added:
- Various screws from Reisser
- Welding studs from Soyer
- Screw anchor from SFS
- Blind rivet nuts from Titgemeyer
- Washers for countersunk screws
- U-profile BS EN 10365
- The following are now completed: the American AISC standard profiles, EJOT plugs and screws, PMJ screws, Fischer plugs and screws, Hilti anchors, and plugs from MKT, Powers, Spit, Upat and Würth.
- Rivets have been divided into solid rivets, blind rivets and blind rivet nuts.
- Steel rolled profiles are divided into European, English, Chinese, Russian and American profiles.
- The STAC range has been added to the composite panels.
- The range of profiled sheets from Romanowski has been added.
- “Auxiliary Line Offset” now offers the option “Spaces” with an input option for several distances separated by commas.
- “ATHENA Options” has been expanded:
- New modal popup “Project”.
- Additions to the modal popup “Positioning” with additional objects that can be output in parts lists
- New default for labeling in capital letters, either universally applicable or only for the current drawing.
- New modal popup for export layout settings
- Position numbers inc. prefix can now be changed, including via the project browser.
- New “Check items” function checks item numbers of parts assigned to an order for conformity and compares them if necessary.
- Weld cross-sections are now evaluated in the same way as other ATHENA objects when recorded in the project browser. They can receive a position number and a label corresponding to the evaluation and can also be included in parts lists.
- The “Apply infill edit” command can now be applied to multiple infills at once.
- New, optionally available module “Export eluCAD” as a replacement for “Export NCW” with the possibility to output 3DECW files from the project browser. Serves to control the machine.
- “Display modes”: new option for the separate display of processing operations to detect incorrect positioning.
- “Projection 3D model”: new function to generate exploded drawings.
- Import option for horizontal or vertical sections of a window or facade element from LogiKal with fittings and wall connection.
- Transfer of ATHENA profiles to LogiKal as counted parts; in the case of 3D models, the position numbers are also transferred, so that they can be assigned to the model in CAD.
- After an import from LogiKal, fittings are now shown in the views of LogiKal elements.